Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Frenemies 9"x12"

So finally a piece with animals that aren't horses;) I saw this picture and thought it was so adorable that I just had to do it. I had a hard time getting the texture of the kitten's fur to look realistic, as well as accurately convey the color variations in its coat. The cat was grey, but each hair is a different value, and that's difficult to portray with pencils on paper. I think I did a good job of it though, and it doesn't look too flat. I love the puppy's wrinkly face being squished by the kitten's paw, and you can tell the puppy has an amazingly patient disposition, which I also tried to capture in this piece. 
This drawing will be for sale this week at the Amherst Famer's Market, so stop on by and see what else I have to offer or commission a piece of your own! Thanks for everyone who came out last week, it was nice seeing you and getting to chat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment