Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Aunt Ronnie's Ski House

My first commissioned piece! Aunt Ronnie asked me to do this drawing of her ski house up in Maine so that she could always be reminded of her sanctuary. This piece was a little difficult for me in that there were so many straight lines! I don't have a lot of experience with architectural drawings so this was a bit of a new experience for me but I'm really happy with the outcome. I especially love the soft texture of the pine trees in the background to the straight, solid structure of the house itself. This was done on an 8.5"x11" piece of drawing paper and Aunt Ronnie asked me to make it into blank greeting cards, which is an option with all the pieces I create. My hope is that Aunt Ronnie will look at this picture and feel as though she's up in Maine enjoying her ski house! 

1 comment:

  1. Kaitlyn I can not thank you enough. I love the picture and it hangs in my office to remind me of the peace and surrenity I have while there. I was showing Patrick all your pictures and he is amazed at your talent!!! You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete