Thursday, May 28, 2009

While at School

These two I did this past semester at school. Although I didn't make as much time as I'd have liked to do more art, I was happy that I managed to get these two completed, and expect that I'll try a little harder next year to make more time to draw.
I finished Companions relatively quickly and was pleased with the results. It's an 11"x14" sketch with graphite pencils from a picture out of a calendar. I had a hard time making the darker horse's mane lo
ok realistic and am not terribly thrilled with the results I had. However, I am content with the other horse, as I feel it came out very expressive and animated. 
Soul View is a picture I found in one of my horse magazines and I've always wanted to do a picture like this--a very modern look at the horse through the horse's soul. This too is an 11"x14" sketch with graphite pencils but I also have prints of both this and Companions in 10"x8" because they're a bit easier to frame. I'm happy with the way this picture tu
rned out, although I feel that I could have done a greater contrast with the darker areas to make the picture more vivid, but I didn't have the appropriate pencils. I've learned from that mistake however. 

No comments:

Post a Comment